Project - Stage 0.1 - Project Selection

Pre-Selection

This project is about optimize a open source project. Before I started to select a project, I browsed the articles gathering by Planet CDOT. It is "an open source blog Planet: an aggregated feed of blog posts from Seneca faculty and students working on open source in a single page."

I am trying to find an area that I am interested in and contain projects that is straightforward and simple. One of my classmates choose to optimize a barcode project. I was inspired, QR code is used very frequently in my daily life (there is an application on my phone, the time I used it occupies 80% of the time I spend on phone). I always wondering how QR code works. Then I decided to find a project related to QR code. "QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response code) is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional barcode)."

Selection

Now I am searching open source project on Github. I use the key words "qrcode", set language as C. There are bunch of projects related to QR code, either generating or decoding. They are quite same but different. After comparison, I choose this one - https://github.com/gurushida/qrcode.

For three reasons:
  • It updated recently - in case I can touch with the author
  • It is integrated, and neither small nor big
  • I like the sentence the author put on the first - "What I cannot create, I do not understand."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project - Stage 0.2 - Background Learning

Hacktoberfest - My 1st