Project - Stage 1.0 - Project Optimize Plan

Previous Reading

 Background Learning

Project Performance Test

Server used in this test is Aarch64
$ ssh siwen@aarchie.cdot.systems

Fork and Clone from Github
$ git clone https://github.com/SiwenFeng/qrcode.git
$ cd qrcode

Makefile
$ make

Benchmarking tool I am going to use is time. This project is about decoding, the faster the project can read a given QR code, the better the performance is. Because it is a local testing, the network speed has been ignored.
$ time ./qrcode -v images/QR_damaged.png > output.html 

Project Code Reading

The original vision code is good enough to me. It contains almost every aspect I have learned about QR code. The decoding process include some repeat calculate. I guess change the way of calculation may influence the performance.

Project Optimize Strategy

The strategy I will use in Stage 2 to attempt to optimize is Algorithm improvements.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project - Stage 0.2 - Background Learning

Project - Stage 0.1 - Project Selection

Hacktoberfest - My 1st